Hello Lovely Readers!
This isn’t as late as some other wrap-ups and at least I am getting to it since I didn’t for November. 😂
December was a very busy month with the holidays but things have at least started to slow down. I did manage to read quite a bit and still find time for videogames. There was also a lot of back and forth with insurance which is annoying and now we are switching insurances due to a buyout from my husband’s work so I feel like it is back to square one once again. I can never win it seems!
Other than that, there was a lot of time spent with family. I haven’t seen mine for a couple years now and I can’t wait to see them this summer when my younger brother gets married. I am so excited but also sad! He will always be the little baby. My daughter was asked to be the flower girl so we will see how that goes, haha.
This month I managed to read 12 books, 12 audiobooks, and 0 manga/graphic novels.
24 books in total!
- A Fire Endless (Elements of Cadence #2) by Rebecca Ross (arc)
- A Lady’s Guide to Fortune-Hunting by Sophie Irwin 🎧 (4.5)
- Spice Road by Maiya Ibrahim (arc)
- The Raven Thief (Secret Staircase Mystery #2) by Gigi Pandian 🎧 (arc)
- The Wrong Kind of Weird by James Ramos (arc) (3.5)
- If the Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy 🎧 (3.5)
- Resting Scrooge Face by Meghan Quinn 🎧 (3.5)
- Stardust in Their Veins (Castles in Their Bones #2) by Laura Sebastian (arc) (3.5)
- Pride and Protest by Nikki Payne 🎧 (3.5)
- Five Survive by Holly Jackson 🎧
- Song of Silver, Flame like Night by Amelie Wen Zhao (arc)
- Twilight by Stephanie Garber 🎧
- They’re Watching You by Chelsea Ichaso (arc)
- Ghost Squad by Claribel Ortega 🎧
- It Happened One Christmas Eve by Jenn McKinlay 🎧
- By the Book (Meant to Be #2) by Jasmine Guillory 🎧 (2.5)
- French Kissing in New York by Anne-Sophie Jouhanneau (arc)(2.5)
- Death Checked Out by Leah Dobrinska (arc)(2.5)
- The Last Tale of the Flower Bride by Roshani Chokshi 🎧 (arc)
- The Spanish Love Deception by Elena Armas
- Pieces of Me by Kate McLaughlin (arc)
- Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers 🎧
- Gray Hair Don’t Care by Karen Booth
- Waking Fire by Jean Louise (arc)
None This Month
Here are my yearly review stats!
I read 274 books, across 88, 270 pages.
First book and Second Book:
I am actually pretty surprised that Romance was the highest! It’s a genre I felt like I didn’t read much and now look at me. 😂
Longest Book (874 pages) and Shortest Book (32 pages):
According to StoryGraphy, the average length of the books I read was 323 pages and it took around 4 days to finish each book.
Least Time Spent (1 day) and Most Time Spent (55 days):
I still haven’t continued on with the sequel to Mistborn….
I spent the most time reading books by Rei Toma, Natsu Hyuuga, and Anashin. All are authors of manga!
My average rating for 2022 was 3.12 ⭐. It’s not bad since it is above the three mark, but I feel like I could have read better books, haha.
My best month was October where I had an average rating of 3.39 ⭐ and my worst month was July with an average rating of 2.63 ⭐…
Most Shelved and Least Shelved:
I read 180 new authors! That is amazing and I can’t wait to see what it is in 2023. I know I have some new favorites.
134 books were a part of a series and only 4 books were rereads.
I ended up dnfing 24 books.